The JAC's Advisory Group includes judges and practitioners from a range of backgrounds. The Group reviews the JAC’s test and selection materials before they are used and meets every 6 weeks throughout the year.
The Group is chaired by lay Commissioner Jane Furniss and lay magistrate Commissioner Emir Feisal is the vice chair.
The members of the Advisory Group are:
- Rachel Barnes, barrister (from July 2019)
- Mark Bishop, CILEx
- Danielle Cohen, solicitor (from July 2019)
- Tam Gill, solicitor
- Tim Gray, District Judge
- Ruth Hughes, barrister
- Catherine O’Leary, Circuit Judge (from July 2019)
- Patrick Rappo, barrister
- Katy Shrimplin, barrister
- Greg Sinfield, President, First-tier Tribunal (Tax chamber)
- Joanna Wade, Employment Tribunal
- Ralph Wilde, academic (from July 2019)
- Stewart Wright, Upper Tribunal