The JAC is an executive non-departmental public body sponsored by the Ministry of Justice.
It is an independent selection body for judicial appointments in the courts and tribunals of England and Wales, and for some tribunals with UK-wide jurisdiction.
The business plan for 2019–20 sets out the organisation’s strategic objectives, aims and key performance indicators for the next year, and what the JAC intends to achieve within the resources provided.
The JAC intends to deliver 5 main objectives during 2018–19:
- select high calibre candidates on merit, to meet requirements identified by our business partners
- develop and deliver new digital services and tools that support delivery of selection exercises, and continuous evaluation and improvement of JAC processes
- ensure selection tools and materials used across all exercises fully assess the potential of candidates from diverse backgrounds, and are developed with efficient and sustainable use of expertise
- work actively with our partners to develop a diverse, high calibre candidate pool, including through improving the candidate experience
- support our people to deliver Commission aims in line with our values
Business plan for 2018–19
Business plan 2017–18
Business plan 2016–17