Three commissioners have been appointed to the Judicial Appointments Commission alongside the re-appointment of five commissioners.
We have welcomed Judge Greg Sinfield as a Senior Judicial Commissioner (appointed 9 June), Rt. Rev. Dr Barry Morgan as the Lay Commissioner with responsibility for Welsh matters, and Judge Christa Christensen as the Judicial (Tribunal Judge) Commissioner (both appointed 6 July).
Greg is President of the First-tier Tribunal Tax Chamber, a role he was appointed to in October 2017. Christa sits an Employment Judge and in the Mental Health Tribunal in the Health, Education and Social Care Chamber, and Barry is a Welsh Anglican Bishop and academic who has been Archbishop of Wales.
The five reappointed Commissioners will commence their tenure on 1 September. They are:
- Mathangi Asokan (District Judge), Judicial Commissioner;
- Emir Feisal (non-legal judicial), Judicial Commissioner;
- Jane Furniss, Lay Commissioner;
- Andrew Kennon, Lay Commissioner; and
- Sir Simon Wessely, Lay Commissioner.
The full announcement including Commissioner biographies are on www.gov.uk.