You are here
Court of Appeal 2018
The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) is advertising for up to 7 Court of Appeal judges.
Notification of Intent to apply: 13:00 on 6 February 2018
Closing date: 13:00 on 15 February 2018
Interviews: 15, 16 and 17 May 2018
Number of vacancies: up to 7
Location: Royal Courts of Justice, London
Salary: £206,742 per annum
The Court of Appeal 2018 selection exercise is now open for application.
The Court of Appeal is looking for up to 7 judges of outstanding ability to replace members of the court who are retiring between now and October 2018. It may be advantageous for some applicants to have expertise in Crime, Family and Business law, but there is no guarantee that a candidate with one of those specialisms will be appointed. All candidates must be outstanding lawyers, and will be expected to do the full range of civil work in the Court of Appeal.
Candidates for the CA 2018 exercise will be expected to demonstrate:
- Being an outstanding lawyer
- The ability to deliver excellent ex tempore and written judgments expeditiously
- An understanding of the diverse communities using the CA
- An understanding of the impact of law on society
- The ability to shape and develop the law
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in and out of court
- The ability to work well with colleagues, officials, court users and staff
Some candidates will also be expected to show ability to take on leadership roles.
Notifications of Intent to Apply for the Court of Appeal are required by 13:00 on 6 February 2018.
Completed applications are to be submitted by 13:00 on 15 February 2018.
Interviews will take place on 15, 16 and 17 May 2018.
Documents and information for candidates:
If you require any further information, please contact Jacky Fox on 020 3334 6139 or email email@example.com.