You are here
Court of Appeal 2019
The Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC) is advertising for up to 5 Court of Appeal judges:
Notification of Intent to apply: 13:00 on 23 November 2018
Closing date: 13:00 on 3 December 2018
Interviews: 20, 21 and 22 May 2019
Number of vacancies: up to 5
Location: RCJ London
Salary: £210,876 per annum
The Court of Appeal 2019 selection exercise is now open for application.
The Court of Appeal is looking for up to 5 judges of outstanding ability to replace members of the court who are retiring between now and October 2019. All candidates must be outstanding lawyers, and will be expected to do the full range of civil work in the Court of Appeal. It may be advantageous for applicants to have expertise in one or more of Crime, Public Law, Business Law and Intellectual Property, but there is no guarantee that a candidate with one of those specialisms will be appointed.
Candidates for the CA 2019 exercise will be expected to demonstrate:
- Being an outstanding lawyer;
- The ability to deliver excellent ex tempore and written judgments expeditiously;
- An understanding of the diverse communities using the CA;
- An understanding of the impact of law on society;
- The ability to shape and develop the law;
- The ability to work efficiently and effectively in and out of court;
- The ability to work well with colleagues, officials, court users and staff.
Some candidates will also be expected to show ability to take on leadership roles.
Notifications of Intent to Apply for the Court of Appeal are required by 13:00 on 23 November 2018 with completed applications to be submitted by 13:00 on 3 December 2018.
Interviews will take place on 20, 21 and 22 May 2019.
Documents and information for candidates are:
If you require any further information, please contact Jacky Fox by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0203 334 6139.